August 26, 2011

Inside Studio T: Sample Sale

Every Friday we share a weekly behind-the-scenes photo taken in our offices at Tea. This could be anything – great employee outfits, our sources of inspiration, shots from our parties, or photos of us hard at work. For more sneak peeks behind the scenes at Tea click here.

Last week we hosted a Tea Sample Sale at our offices to clear out stock from previous seasons. Before we opened the doors to the masses (who were lined up around the block), I took a few shots of some girl’s and women’s clothes that were hanging on the racks. I love our Sample Sales for the opportunity to see patterns and styles from past seasons that I loved, and have forgotten about.

And there’s another Sample Sale this weekend, at our offices in San Francisco! $5 entry, with all entry fees going to the Global Fund for Children. Details are as follows:

Location: 117 Wisconsin Street, San Francisco 94107

Days: Friday August 26th, 9am – 3pm and Saturday August 27th, 9am – 1pm.

Comments

1. Audrey says:

Lovely photos. I can’t wait for your next sample sale; any dates lined up?

1. lisac says:

Hi Audrey,

not exactly sure when our next sample sale is. Could be something in a couple of months. are you on our email list? It’s the best way to stay in the loop on all things Tea, including our sample sales. Cheers!

2. Kate Almeida says:

Hi there!

I attended your sample sale last year in August and I am hooked! I was 9 months pregnant and found some amazing items that our babe is wearing now and will be growing into. Everyone was extremely helpful and I was impressed at how smoothly it ran. Do you know of any sample sales coming up in San Francisco this year or an estimate of when one may be?
    Thanks so much!!
    Kate

1. Sara says:

Hi Kate! We’ll be having another sample sale in the next couple of months! It’s always a great event. We’ll release the information first on our Facebook, so to stay up-to-date visit us at http://www.facebook.com/teacollection.com.

3. Kate Almeida says:

Thanks so much Sarah for the response on the upcoming sample sale in sf!! The entire family is excited, can’t wait!

1. Sara says:

Hi Kate! We have decided the date. Our sample sale will be open to the public on May 5th from 9 am-2pm. You can get exclusive early access by purchasing tickets on Plum District: http://www.plumdistrict.com/moms/discount/san-francisco/tickets-and-events-deals/tea-collection-friday-fundraiser-20-for-premier-or-15-exclusive-early-access-to-t-SvgSAO

Happy Shopping!

4. Lisa says:

I love Tea Collection for my baby but it is hard to get into the city for the early access pass…So, what I am wondering is how much do items run at the sample sale? For example, how much are tops and pants? Thank you!

1. Sara says:

Hi Lisa! Most items are $15 or less. We have a great selection this year- hope to see you there!

5. Cindy says:

I became hooked when I attended the sample sale last Aug. I didn’t bring enough $$ though so I’m hoping to fully take advantage of it this time, I already bought my tix on Plum District. Can you give me any idea of what pricing will be like? Will it be like it was in August? Thanks

1. Sara says:

Hi Cindy! Yes- the pricing will be similar to last year. Much bigger selection too!

6. Lisa says:

Someone mentioned not bringing enough money, do you have to bring cash?

1. Sara says:

We accept both cash and credit! No checks. :)

7. Cathy says:

I have a premiere fri morning pass to the sample sale and have a time conflict. Would anyone like to trade their executive fri afternoon pass for my morning pass?!

1. Sara says:

Hi Cathy! You should post this on our Sample Sale post on Facebook too! We hope you’re able to find someone to trade with.

8. Cindy says:

I had a great time at the sale today. I found lots of great deals. Thank you! How often do you hold this sale? Once a year, twice a year? Do you know when the next one will be?

9. Cindy Hoang says:

Please add me to your mailing list.

1. Sara says:

Hi Cindy! You can sign up for our email list here: http://www.teacollection.com/static/email-signup.html.

10. Cindy says:

I have tickets to go to your sample sale Dec. 7th. I was wondering if anything from your Nordic line that came out in July would be part of the sale or is that too new?

1. Sara says:

There will be children’s clothing from newborn to 12 years, limited women’s clothing, and accessories. The prices haven’t been determined yet but will be posted at the sample sale.

11. Kate Almeida says:

Hi there,

I asked about this last year and am dying to know when there is going to be another sample sale in San Francisco this year, 2013?!!!

Thank you!

1. Sara says:

Hi Kate! We haven’t announced plans yet for another sample sale in 2013. We only have them when we have the inventory to support them. If and when we do have one, we’ll be letting our fans know on Facebook and email. Make sure you’re signed-up for both!

12. Kate Almeida says:

Hi Sara!
    I do my best to keep up with facebook but I do miss a lot through that. I am signed up through my email but have not ever received info about sample sales in SF just for the new arrivals. I would LOVE to receive an email about sample sales, do I need to sign up for that somewhere else?

Thank you so much, don’t want to miss it!!

Best,
    Kate

1. Sara says:

Hi Kate! Be sure to enter your zip code when you sign up. We’ll send an email to everyone who enters a Bay Area zip code. You can go ahead and update your email subscription here: http://www.teacollection.com/static/newsletter-thank-you.html

You definitely won’t want to miss the next one! :)

Sara

13. Kate Almeida says:

Great, thanks Sara!! I will definitely update my email with zip. Always appreciate your fast response!!

Take care,
    Kate

14. Sylvia says:

Will you offer the sample sale online in the future?

1. Sara says:

Hi Sylvia! We have done similar discounts online before. For example, our extra 25% off sale items or $15 Dress/$10 Top sales are similar to the prices you’ll find at a sample sale. At this time, we don’t have any immediate plans to host a sample sale online.

15. Kate Almeida says:

Hi again Sara!!

I updated my info but wanted to check in and make sure I am not missing a possible upcoming sample sale! We are hooked and love them! Any idea of the next one in SF?

Thanks so much, just don’t want to miss it!!

Best,
    Kate

16. Lisa Szady says:

Hi!

I checking to see if you will have any more sample sales this fall? I loved the previous events and hope there are more to come.

Thanks!

1. Jessie says:

Hi Lisa – With our warehouse move to Dallas, we’re not sure what we’re going to do about a sample sale. We’ll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we’ve figure it out. Thanks!

17. Michele says:

Have the sample sale in Dallas!!! O please, o please, o please…