Guest blogger, Alyson, shares a kid- friendly Swedish Apple Pie recipe with us.
The kids and I whipped up this quick, easy, fun dessert. Apple pie is a popular dessert in Sweden. We loved making this crust-less apple pie because the kids could pitch in. Who doesn’t love practicing your counting and getting rewarded with a sweet treat at the end? You can bet they enjoyed each bite of this dessert. Things always do taste better when you bake it yourself. Here’s how you and your kids can whip up this recipe in a pinch.
4 – 5 medium apples
1 and ¼ cups sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
¾ cup butter
1 cup flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel the apples and slice them. Put them into a pie pan.
Peeling apples is a kid-friendly task.
Eric (five-and-a-half) was able to do it by himself, and Abigail (almost four) needed a little assistance. The kids loved this! (Peeling carrots is another favorite activity.)
3. Mix ¼ cup sugar and 3 teaspoons of cinnamon.
4. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples.
5. In a pan, melt the butter and then remove from the heat.
6. Add the remaining ingredients to the butter and mix.
7. Pour evenly over the apples.
8. Bake 45 minutes.