2012 has been a whirlwind year filled with laughter, joy, celebrations for us at Tea! We hope your year has been memorable as well. What better way to say goodbye to 2012 and welcome 2013 than with mini party hats!
1. Download your free Mini Party Hat Printable. Print it on heavy weight paper like cardstock.
2. Cut out your mini hat template. Score the 3 lines to create slits for putting it together. It’s best to leave this task for the parents as it does require sharp scissors or an Exacto knife.
3. Now time for the fun stuff. Roll out whatever crepe paper streamers you want to use. Cut several 12 inch sections, we had about 4- 12 inch sections in varying colors.
4. Get your safety scissors ready and start creating the fringe! Fold the streamer in half lengthwise (hot dog style). We cut 1/2 and 2/3 way up the streamer to give it a varying look. Then cut the long strand into 2 or 3 inch pieces for easy application onto the hat.
5. Dot the non- fringed part of the streamer with liquid glue. Then apply the strands in a desirable pattern around the hat. The more layers of fringe the better. Naturally, you’ll want to overlap the layers of fringe.
6. Top off your hat with something festive and a smile! Then attach your hat onto the headband or ribbon.