We’re so excited to share that for the seventh year in a row, we’re on the Inc. 5000 list for fastest-growing companies in America. We have the most amazing customers – thank you for supporting us year after year!
Things we found and want to share from this past week:
What are you going to do when your little girl grows out of her adorable Pretty Panda Tee?
I thought it’d be fun to turn it into a pretty little teddy bear!
1. Gather your supplies: Tea’s Pretty Panda Tee, old baby socks/stockings, filling, needle, thread, scissors, pins, iron, sewing machine (optional)
2. Iron wrinkles out of shirt.
3. Cut back and front panel out of shirt. Line up graphic on back and front with good sides facing each other. Trim shirt leaving about 1″ around design. Sew around panda keeping about 3/4″ away from edge of graphic. Make sure to not make any of the curves too narrow or she will look funny when you stuff her. Also make sure you don’t accidentally sew into her little flower.
4. Turn her right side in & stuff her to make sure everything looks ok. If not, adjust appropriately. Once she looks like you would like you can trim some of the excess fabric from the inside. Lay your socks or stockings underneath the panda and judge how long you would like them to be. Trim down socks/stockings if there is excess.
5. Stuff the foot of both stockings. Leave of the top of socks without stuffing. Pin feet to bottom of panda. Sew across bottom of panda and feet.
7. I worked with a baby shirt so I did not have much excess fabric near her flower. This left me with an awkward bit of the shirt’s collar sticking out of the top of her head. I hand stitched that part to make it look better. I also took in the bottom edges to make the curve where her body met her feet more gentle.
8. I wanted her feet to feel heavy and for her to have floppy legs so I shoved all the stuffing towards the bottom of the foot and stitched around the top of the stuffing.
9. All done! Now you have a cute little panda with hanging feet.
Here she is with her new friends – Vintage Minnie, Blue Ostrich and Black Bear. They are all envious of Pretty Panda’s stylin’ argyle feet.
Take a picture of your child’s completed Tea Collection activity book picture and send it to us at email@example.com with “Activity Book Entry” in the subject line. We pick one winner each month to receive a $100 Tea gift certificate.
Tea Collection’s fall collection is inspired by the Chinese Art District. When we envision Chinese artworks, we think of delicate brush strokes making thin lines with black liquid paint. In our eyes, those abstract lines come together in the shape of one thing: a tiger and her stripes.
With the tiger being one of Asia’s most recognized species, we thought it fitting to put together our Tiger Collage as a nod to China’s art world, animal kingdom and of course, Tea’s newest collection.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Tiger Template
• 12” x 12” Black and Blue cardstock
• 12” x 12” Orange cardstock
• Glue Stick
• Spray Fix
• X-acto Knife