OFFICIAL RULES: INSPIRING MOM AWARDS
“Inspiring Moms” Contest
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN. PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Who Can Enter. The Contest is open only to natural persons who, as of the date of entry, are legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), are at least eighteen (18) years old, and have Internet access and a Facebook account. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their partners (including store owners), suppliers, or advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter or win, nor are their immediate family members or members of their household. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
- How To Nominate an Inspiring Mom: Nominations for the Contest (each, a “Nomination”) will be accepted starting at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on April 11, 2014 and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT on April 25, 2014 (the “Nomination Period”). A person who submits a Nomination is referred to in these Official Rules as a “Nominator.” To nominate an Inspiring Mom, visit www.facebook.com/teacollection and follow the links and instructions to nominate the person you wish to submit for the Contest (the “Nominee”). You can nominate a Nominee in one of three categories:
- Philanthropic Pioneer: She stays connected to her community by volunteering her time and energy. Whether it’s helping achieve her local PTA goals, tutoring kids with less resources or making blankets for the homeless, she’s part of a solution to issues that lie close to home.
- Global Connector: She thinks big and strives to make a difference in the world at large. She might teach English abroad or fundraise for global initiatives from her own home stateside. Whatever her specialty, she shows her kids the importance of being little citizens of the world themselves.
- Encouraging Entrepreneur: She founded or plays a key role at a company and helps make a difference for its customers. While she is passionate about her business ventures, she still makes family a major priority in her life.
When you submit a Nomination, you must provide the Nominee’s name and email address, your own name and email address, and a description of the Nominee’s accomplishments (a “Narrative”); if the Nominee has a Twitter handle, you can provide that at your option. Together, the Narrative and contact information you submit is called the “Submission.” You may nominate more than one Nominee, but you may not nominate an individual Nominee more than once. If you nominate the same individual Nominee more than once, only the first Nomination will count. The submission of a Nomination is solely the responsibility of the Nominator, and Nominations can be made only using the method described above.
- Selection of Semifinalists: All Submissions in each category will be judged by two (2) of Sponsor’s staff (each, a “Judge”). For each category, the Judges will select three (3) semifinalists from among all eligible Submissions received in that category by the end of the Nominating Period. Each Judge will score the eligible Submissions on three general criteria and two category-specific criteria, all weighted equally. The judging criteria are:
- How much does she inspire you?
- How often does she “go there” – either across the street or across the globe to raise her kids as little citizens of the world?
- How well does the nominee fit the category to which they were submitted?
- How is she making a difference in her community?
- How is she spreading the word of her cause and passion?
- How is she making a difference internationally?
- How is she working to spread this initiative?
- How does her company make a difference for its customers?
- How does she set a good example of entrepreneurial independence for her children?
Each Judge will award up to 10 points per criterion, for a maximum possible total of 50 points, and the scores of the Judges will be added to determine a Submission’s total score. If there is a tie, the tied entries will be rescored as described above by Sponsor’s CEO and Chief Creative Officer.
- Selection of Finalists: Nominees who are selected as semifinalists will receive an email from Sponsor on or about April 28, 2014 notifying them that they have been selected. The Nominee can either accept or reject the Nomination by replying to the email and taking the following steps:
- To reject a Nomination, reply to the email with the word “REJECT” in the subject line.
- To accept a Nomination: (1) No later than 5 pm PT on April 30, 2014, reply to the email with the word “ACCEPT” in the subject line; and (2) no later than 5 pm PT on April 30, 2014, send Sponsor a picture that can be used in connection with judging and published on Sponsor’s Facebook page and website. Nominees can, at their option, also provide Sponsor with their Facebook, Twitter and other social media handles, but failure to provide handles will not disqualify a Nominee.
Semifinalists who accept their Nominations as described above will be judged by two (2) Judges selected by Sponsor as embodying the qualities of the applicable category. Each Judge will review the semifinal entries in her category and score them on the general and category-specific criteria described in Section 4, awarding up to 10 points per criterion for a maximum possible score of 50 points. The two Judges’ scores will be added to determine a semifinalist’s total score. The semifinalists with the top three (3) scores in each category will become finalists. In the event of a tie, the applicable Submissions will be rescored as described above by Sponsor’s CEO and Chief Creative Officer.
- Selection of Winners: Finalists will be announced and their Submissions posted on Sponsor’s Facebook page on or about May 1, 2014. Starting when the finalists are posted and ending at 11:59 pm PT on May 7, 2014 (the “Public Voting Phase”), members of the public (“Voters”) may visit Sponsor’s Facebook page, view the finalists’ Submissions, and vote for the finalist in each category that the Voter believes best embody the values of the Tea brand and the judging criteria for that category. The Nominee who receives the highest number of votes in each category during the Public Voting Period will be named as the potential Grand Prize Winner for that category, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, Sponsor’s CEO and Chief Creative Officer will choose the potential Grand Prize Winner by scoring the tied entries as described in Section 4 above.
- Prizes: Three (3) Grand Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner in each category will win the opportunity to have Sponsor make a $1,000 donation to the winner’s charitable organization of her choice. Donations will be made directly by Sponsor to qualifying charitable organizations, and no funds will be provided to the Grand Prize Winners. In order to qualify, the charitable organization must be a valid 501(c)(3) organization whose primary mission involves working for the benefit of children. Decisions about whether a charity qualifies for a donation will be made by Sponsor in its sole discretion. One (1) Nominator Prize: Each Nominator who submits a valid Nomination during the Nomination Period will receive a chance to win a $250 Tea Collection gift certificate, good at www.teacollection.com. The winner of the Nominator Prize will be chosen at random from all valid Nominations received; odds of winning depend on the number of valid Nominations received during the Nomination Period.
- Prize Terms: All prize values are stated in United States dollars. If a stated prize is unavailable, Sponsor has the right to substitute one or more items of equal or greater value, in its sole and absolute discretion. No prize is exchangeable, transferrable, or redeemable for cash. The winner will be solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, local or other statutes, regulations, and other laws and for bearing any personal income, VAT, withholding taxes, customs duties, or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to any prize. THE PRIZE(S) WILL BE GIVEN AWAY BY THE SPONSOR “AS IS.” SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Award of Prize: The Grand Prize winners and Nominator Prize Winner will be selected on or about May 8, 2014. The potential winners will be notified by email within fourteen (14) days of selection. PLEASE NOTE: EVEN IF YOUR NOMINATION IS CHOSEN AS A POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC VOTING PERIOD, YOU HAVE NOT YET WON A PRIZE. POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY BY THE SPONSOR BEFORE ANY PRIZE IS AWARDED. The potential winners may be required to sign and return, when requested, an affidavit of eligibility and/or publicity and/or liability release form, to the extent not prohibited by law, prior to receipt of a prize. The winner must take possession of the prize as directed by Sponsor. The winner may be required to provide Sponsor with his or her social security or taxpayer identification number for tax purposes. The winner may also be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. An “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses to the domain associated with the email address. In the event of a dispute, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Failure to respond to the winner announcement or return any required declarations or releases within seven (7) days (or any longer time specified by Sponsor in its sole discretion) or to comply with any of the foregoing, may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
- Representations: By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Contest; (b) in entering and participating in the Contest, the entrant has complied with and will comply in all respects with these Rules and all applicable statutes, regulations and other laws; and (c) the information provided in the entrant’s entry, including without limitation all contact information and all information about the identity of the person who took the photo that is part of the Submission, is true, accurate and complete in all respects. Each Nominator further represents and warrants that (a) the Narrative submitted by the Nominator is true and correct, and (b) the Narrative is the Nominator’s original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or other legal rights of any third party. Each Nominee further represents and warrants, by accepting the Nomination, that (x) she has reviewed and approved the Submission and it is true and correct; (y) she agrees to these Official Rules; and (z) she has obtained all necessary permissions regarding the photo submitted in connection with her nomination, including but not limited to any permissions from the photographer and any other person pictured, and can grant rights in the photo to Sponsor as described in these Official Rules.
- Release: To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Contest, each Nominator and Nominee (each, an “entrant”) releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, the prize manufacturers or suppliers, any other entities involved in the administration of the Contest, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties”) from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to: (a) the Contest and participation in the Contest by the entrant; (b) any violation by the entrant of these Rules or applicable laws; (c) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize or any item purchased with any prize; (d) any entries that have been tampered with or that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (e) any problems or technical malfunctions (including but not limited to errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, cable, satellite, network, hardware, online system, server, software, or other equipment or provider, including any incorrect, incomplete, garbled or jumbled information resulting therefrom; (f) any Internet traffic congestion or website accessibility or delays; (g) printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; or (h) any other technical or human error that may occur in connection with the Contest (the “Causes”). If anyone makes any claim against any of the Sponsor Parties arising out of or relating to any of the Causes attributable to the entrant, the entrant will pay for any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SPONSOR PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
- Termination: The Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time and for any reason in its sole discretion, including without limitation in the event of fraud, abuse, tampering, or technical, administrative, financial or other difficulties. In such cases, Sponsor will post notice on the Contest page of the Sponsor Site. Should the Contest terminate prior to selection of a winner, Sponsor will announce an alternate means of awarding the prize on the Contest page of the Sponsor Site.
- Miscellaneous: Any dispute between Sponsor and an entrant arising out of or relating to these Rules, the Contest, or any prize must be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California and must be brought individually, without resort to any form of class action. By entering the Contest, each entrant submits to the jurisdiction of those courts and waives any objection to those courts, whether on the basis of jurisdiction, venue, inconvenience of the forum, or otherwise. If any part of these Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of Sponsor, and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect. Nothing contained herein or in any of the Contest related materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any third party, product or service.
- Sponsor: Tea Collection, 1 Arkansas St, Suite B, San Francisco, CA 94107; 415-621-9400.
- For Winners’ Names: Winners’ names will be available after May 9, 2014. For a list of winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Tea Collection, attn: Inspiring Mom Award Contest Winners, 1 Arkansas St, Suite B, San Francisco, CA 94107, by May 31, 2014.