This June, we feature our Citizen Blue collection that draws on inspiration from travels on the sea. We put a spin on classic stripes with playful graphics or a bow tie. We were inspired by all things nautical like sand dollars, anchors, sea gull and submarines. We envision our Tea little citizens putting on these fun styles and going out to the backyard to play pretend. Live by the seashore ? Take these styles for a spin on the boardwalk or for an afternoon sail!
Monkeys are everywhere in India! But beware, not all are as cute and friendly as they may seem. Some monkeys have been known to swipe your jacket or hat when you aren’t looking. These mischievous monkeys were the perfect inspiration for our playful graphics on our boys and little girls tees. See the story behind the inspiration… continue reading →
Goa is a coastal gem found in west India bordering the Arabian Sea. As the smallest state in India, over 80% of Goa is compromised of beaches with swaying palm trees, deep blue water and sandy beaches. Both locals and tourists make the trip to discover the beaches many different attractions. Check out our newest swim styles inspired by these beautiful beaches! continue reading →
Modern India takes great care and pride to retain the extraordinary refinement of its many palaces, old temples and ancient forts. We’ve fondly named our newest delivery, Paisley Palace. From the stunning marble dome of the Taj Mahal to the ornate arches of the Mysore Palace to the spectacular paintings that adorn the Amer Fort, there is no lack of inspiration in the architecture in India. Many of our designs in this collection are named after these great palaces! Take a look at the history of these great sites to better understand the story behind the design.
The Amer Fort was built by the conqueror Raja Man Singh who ruled from 1590-1614 AD. On our visit here, we rode painted elephants and admired the red curtains that framed the fort. We were inspired by the elaborate painted motifs on the walls and ceilings in the Jaipur City Palace.
In India, trucks are called lorries and they can be found zooming along streets and highways. Driving in India is a bit hectic… the streets are a symphony of constant horn blowing and busy cars. The lorries are painted in all kinds of crazy colors. The idea is that if you’re loud and bright, everyone will see and hear you coming and get out of your way! We found it all to be beautifully chaotic. continue reading →
Over our travels, we have been inspired by dragon folklore and symbolism that is revered in many Asian cultures. Though their physical appearance may differ from country to country, the dragons legend is consistent throughout. They are the symbol of power, strength and good luck. Chinese dragons are also closely associated with water. They are said to reside in rivers, lakes and oceans. Ancient Korean folklore suggests that dragons are capable of speaking and understanding emotions such as kindness, devotion and gratitude. Japanese dragons are much like Chinese in appearance and are connected to Buddhism and thought to live in the ponds and lakes near temples.
During the celebrations for the Chinese New Year, which begins on February 19th, 2015, you will see many dragons, especially in parades where people dance with large dragon figures. Here is a craft activity to recreate a dragon, like the one shown in our Daring Dragon Double Decker Tee, that you can share with little citizens to help them explore the ancient Asian mythology.
What You’ll Need to Draw a Dragon:
-1 sheet of white paper
-colored pencils or crayons
‘Tis the season to shine in party outfits inspired by the beauty of China. We’ve put together 8 of our favorite holiday outfits for kids to make shopping a little easier this season. We can’t wait to see your holiday photos!
Whether you’re sending your little ones off to sleep away camp for the first time or the fifth time, it’s never easy. Well, the packing isn’t ever easy. We know it’s almost impossible to not forget something, but we’re hoping this list will help make sure you remember the essentials – sheets and fan not included.
1. Pull out the iron on labels and grab a Rub-A-Dub marker. Many camps require that all clothing and equipment is marked with your child’s name, but it’s a good idea to label regardless of what’s asked. Send a marker along with your child to make sure the counselor can help with anything that was overlooked.
2. We understand that a monogrammed laundry bag probably isn’t required, but we suggest you take that extra step. Having a bag that’s unique and personal will make laundry pick up a little easier and drop off a little more fun.
3. Shoes. Slip on sneakers and a solid pair of sandals are an absolute must. Although they’ll come back worn and tattered, they’ll keep your little one covered and comfortable every step of the way!
4. Easy tanks and tees for everyday wear. Packing tops and bottoms that can be easily mixed and matched are ideal for summer camp outfitting. By sending basics, morning dressing won’t be hard on anyone.
5. Flashlights are helpful for the post campfire walk back to the cabin. This lantern/flashlight lights the way and will easily hang under bunks for late night letter writing.
6. Don’t forget the nice outfits! Dances and closing ceremonies usually call for dressier attire – A cotton dress and polo are easy solutions.
8. Swimsuits! Splashing and diving could easily be an everyday occurrence, packing extras is a must.
9. Since they’ll be splashing and diving more often than not, make sure they’re covered with long lasting sunscreen. Wipes and mists seem to work best for kids.
10. Towels are important, but knowing which towel is yours is even more crucial. Having your child’s name marked very clearly makes it easy – and towel wraps are a necessity for crowded summer camp cabins!
Don’t forget to check with your local retailer to find perfect packing pieces!
Looking for red, white and blue options for the fourth? We’ve got you covered with tops, bottoms, dresses and more! Be sure to claim our free shipping over $50 offer on Facebook – the sooner you order the sooner you’ll be able to focus on parade fun and backyard BBQ’s!